NUFSAA is the blog for Filipino scholars and alumni of Nagoya University (NU), Japan. The alumni are those who earned degrees in the Bachelors, Master's and Doctor's programs at NU. The scholars include visiting students who undertook non-degree programs, special seminars/training including the intensive six-month Japanese language course.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Nagoya University Campus Today

Visiting NU with my family last May 2014
I visited Nagoya University last August 2013 and May 2014. Wow, 20 years had passed since my graduation in my Doctor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) Program in 1994. There have been many changes in the campus. To reminisce the good old memories of my student life as a six-months Japanese language student, M.Eng and D.Eng student, I toured the campus.

Let's take a short tour around MeiDai

Remember the NU Main Library? This is where I spend my time to relax
from the rigorous pressure in the research laboratory.
Almost all buildings at NU are now retrofitted against earthquakes. 
This is a new building near the post office. During my visit in 2013, there was an exhibit
in honor of an NU alumnus who receive a Nobel Prize.
Smoking is now strictly prohibited in the campus
except for selected smoking spots like this one.

The MeiDai Coop and Cafeteria (Shokudoo)

The menu at the NU Shokudoo

NU is a green and safe environment for students, researchers and professors.

In front of the bus stop (Toyoda Auditorium) is a new subway station.
The NU Subway Station

Spring flowers blooming! Kirei desu yo!

NU Sakurayama Foreign Student House where I stayed for one year
My visit at the Sakurayama Kaikan in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment